If you’re into the boho style, this simple up-do may become your new fave. It’s quick and easy to do to yourself, as such it’s a style that everyone should have on hand. Keep reading below to find out how to master this fresh and easy new look.
What You’ll Need:
- Twirl curling iron. (Optional if your hair isn’t naturally curly/wavy)
- Hair clip.
- Bobby pins.
- Small hair rubber bands (because these braids will be pretty tiny.)
- Texture spray (optional also).
Most of these items you’ll already have around the home but if not, you can always make a quick trip to the drug store for them.
How To Do It:
- Wave hair with curling iron. You don’t really want to curl it necessarily, just give your hair a very loose, free sort of look. We’re going for boho so the more effortless and summer on the beach that you can get it, the better.
- Gather up your hair and and section off the top half (temple to temple).
- Roll up this section and clip it out of the way.
- Next, section off one inch sections on either side of your hairline, near your temple. This is the area slightly above your ears. Braid this section vertically down (not up, even though that’s where it’s going.)
- Backcomb the braid instead of tying it off. Repeat on both sides.
- Bring your braids forward toward your face and unclip the top section you clipped up back on step three. Allow this hair to fall and blend with bottom half of your hair.
- Take hold of both braids.
- Bring the braids to the middle back of your head, cross them over each other.